With these basketball rebounding drills you’re guaranteed to improving your rebounding. Just remember you’ll be doing a lot of jumping so warm up by jumping before these rebounding drills.
- Player stands on to the right of the midpoint of the key. Player tosses the ball high off the backboard slightly to the left of the basket.
- Player takes a step into the lane then power jumps to the left of the key to catch the ball.
Volleyball Rebounding Drill
- Player one stands on the right block and player two stands on the left block.
- Player one tosses the ball off the opposite corner of the backboard.
- Player two jumps, catches the ball and then while still mid-air tosses the ball off the backboard.
- Player one then repeats the same thing and it is continues for a minute.
Offensive Rebounding Versus Pressure Drill
- Player 1 has the ball and stands on the right side of the foul line and player 2 stands behind him.
- Player 1 tosses the ball underhanded to the right side of the backboard.
- Player 1 runs off and rebounds the ball.
- Player 2 always stays behind player 1 throughout the rebounding sequence.
- Player 1 uses pump fakes and powers up for a layup.
- Player 2 puts pressure on player one by bumping or pushing him.
Power Up Drill
- Player 1 stands at the right side of the lane with the ball, while player 2 stands out of the bounds on the right side.
- Player 1 tosses the ball high off the backboard.
- Player 2 steps on the floor as soon as the ball hits the board.
- Player 1 rebounds the ball with two hands.
- Player 1 tries to score using ball fakes or pivot moves.
- Player 1 continues to score until player 2 is able to stop him at which point they switch.
Offensive Stick Back
- Player 1 has the ball and stands on the right box. Player 2 stands on the left box, and player 3 stands next to player 2.
- Player one misses a bank shot so that it can rebounded on the other side of the net.
- Player 2 rebounds the ball and attempts a shot.
- Player 3 allows player 2 to rebound the ball but gives resistance to the shot.
Wall Rebounding Drill
- Stand about 5 feet from a wall with a ball.
- Toss the ball high up against the wall.
- Jump up rebound the ball but toss the ball while still in the air.
- Keep repeating this until you’ve done it 30 times, then take a rest.